Benefits of Belonging
A few benefits of a Family Support Group
· Parents and caregivers enjoy a well-deserved relaxing evening every Thursday. With the freedom to express the dynamics as special parents, we learn and share our commonality within the world of Special Needs. REACH-IN is an excellent source for emotional, mental, and spiritual support.
· Hear parents, caregivers and special guest speakers as they share valuable experience, and obtain ideas for addressing challenging issues.
· Previous Guest Speakers
· (A.S.K.) About Special Kids
· RAUCH, Inc.
· Meaningful Day Services
· (BDDS) Bureau of Departmental Disabilities Services
· Foundation for Bio-Medical Resources
· Jordana Van, Holistic Chef
….and many more.
· Disability Related Resources
· Free pizza for the adults on the 3rd Thursday of the month
· Holiday/Occasion pitch-in dinners
· Medicaid Waiver Assistance: Bi-annually families will receive help from professionals for understanding and applying for services their child may be eligible for.
· Family—a group ideally consisting of parents and children living together in a household.
· Unit—a person regarded as single and complete, esp. for the purposes of calculation: "the family unit".
· Support—bear all or part of the weight; hold up.